Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body?
Your skin is an outer, visual representation of your charm, your youth, and your health. This is why when you take care of your skin and your health, you feel like you’re glowing.
When it comes to beauty products like serums, face washes, moisturizers, toners, and many more, a large majority of the products have harmful chemicals in them. These chemicals are not only absorbed by your skin, but it also enters your bloodstream!
When it comes to choosing what we eat, a natural and organic lifestyle is what we aim for because once the food is broken down, the healthier the food, the healthier the ingredients that rush through our veins. However, many of us do not check for the ingredients in our skincare routine.
If you are truly in pursuit of living a healthy lifestyle, choosing organic and natural products must be a priority!
Organic products are made of all-natural ingredients, meaning that certified organic products are derived from plants. These organic ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, and other chemicals. This guarantees that your skin and body will absorb real and healthy nutrients.
Elluna’s top 3 reasons to go all organic are:
- No harsh chemicals
Organic skincare products are known to cause fewer allergic reactions, inflammation, or irritations and if an allergic reaction does occur, using the organic products, would be much easier to identify.
- Going organic is better for your skin
Using harsh chemical ingredients in your skincare routine may be fast-acting however, the harm it causes cannot be seen instantly. It is made to provide instant gratification and results for you to keep purchasing the product. With prolonged use, these ingredients weaken your skin as your body tries to combat the foreign substances which result in a reduction in oxygen exchange to the skin. Without the right amount of oxygen, aging doubles in its rate and the risk of developing sunspots increases massively.
- Animal and Environment Friendly
Animal testing has been a horrible habit in the beauty industry. Sacrificing animals for their products to ensure that they are safe for use. With organic products, you don’t need to, all the products are natural, safe, and harmless. Since they are naturally grown ingredients, free from toxic pesticides and fertilizers, they have a minimal environmental impact, supporting sustainability and natural waste.
Now that we know why we should go organic, here are Elluna’s top 5 picks in organic ingredients:
- Beta Carotene: Extracted from red, orange, and yellow fruits and vegetables like carrots and pumpkins. This ingredient helps against sun damage and has antioxidant benefits on the skin.
- Green Tea Extract: This ingredient does wonders against your skin’s inflammation and it soothes your skin.
- Vitamin C: This is a vital ingredient, not just for your immune system, but also for the collagen production in your skin. This helps fight damage, lightens dark spots, regulates sebum production, and leaves your skin feeling firm and smooth.
- Witch Hazel: A magic potion or a toner? We’ll never know. Witch hazel is an excellent ingredient in toners and moisturizers to control oil while also offering hydration and reducing redness. It can also be used on bruises and swelling.
- Rose Water: Rose water contains a lot of vitamins and antioxidants for the skin. It also contains a lot of anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties and natural antiseptics. This natural ingredient works well with all skin types. It is perfect for treating acne or irritated skin.